Monday, May 26, 2008

Flowers, Death, and Puppies

If you haven't been commuting around the 3rd creek greenway recently, you're missing out on all the flowers that were planted. Looks like the landscapers got something right when they "restored" the natural ebb to the creek.



Seeing sun rays coming down onto a nice field of seemingly "dipped in dew flowers" and the smell of ripe honeysuckle vines are things you won't get on I-40.

We lost our first chicken today. "Crippy" the polish female who broke he leg as a chick, laid her head down in the backyard free ranging and never woke up. May she rest well and provide good fertilizer for the garden. We will miss her comical and surprisingly efficient efforts to move around.

On a lighter note, we have a new arrival on the home front. My brother is the lucky recipient of a new boy max. He came flat rate USPS a few days ago and is already mailbox trained.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

gosh, that is a stunning place!

Arlene,
West Bremerton flowers

elizabeth said...

I rode on the greenway yesterday, and I had to remind myself where I was! Definitely not the same place I logged countless miles back in my running days.

Really, not that many people comment on my blog if you take away the 3 comments you made and then the one I made. That only leaves four.

Find the lurkers and threaten them. :)