Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Always wave

It just so happens I have recently been implementing a new years resolution of "always wave" when I commute. This applies to all manner of things from people saying hi to when motorists are about to explode with anger because they cannot pass you on a blind hill to save 2 minutes getting to work. This morning just that scenario played out and karma got the best of the situation. As I was commuting in on Riverside drive a car pulled behind me and began to lay on the horn. She ( I didn't know she was a she at this time) preceded to do this for about 100 yards. This was a waste because in this 100 yards she could have executed a beautiful pass, but she decided to wait until the blind hill to pass. As she did I waved and it caught her eye and she scowled at me, while on her cell phone. She then proceeded to plow directly into a line of cars in front of us and I could only laugh at the situation once I realized everyone was OK. As I slowed I saw what appeared to be fragments of cell phone on the dash and one very pissed woman in a suit who had been rear ended. With that I decided to scram just in time to hear yet another car screech to a halt and it sounded like plow my honker. I'm saddened I didn't have my camera to document the festivities, but now I am a firm believer in the "always wave" policy and I will continue to wave friendly waves and distract angry motorists. So enjoy your commutes and don't forget to wave!




As an aside it might not have been the wave and instead could have been the new stash look, but I figured these things are so prevalent in the East Knox county area, surely this couldn't have been that distracting.

3 comments:

Dave Holmes said...

awesome blog entry... go karma!

elizabeth said...

Ouch! Karma's a bitch. I hope that lady learned a little something from that experience.


Oh, and I am a big fan of the wave. It can only help.

Zac said...

Dude, excellent stache. I support your decision whole heartedly. As a founding member of The Beard and Mustache Fellowship of Knoxville, I would like to commend you on a fine endeavor. http://knoxvillebeard.weebly.com and I also invite you to join us any Wednesday at 9 pm at Barley's for beard related activities.