Thursday, January 29, 2009

1-29-09 Improvements

Aside from the glass that now is covering the greenway at the walmart "glass canyon" some improvements have come to the west end of the greenway system. While I'm all for making the greenway "flashy and getting the ramps graded right, I think issues of drainage and water puddling, due to settling and improper grading of the path, are more important in the long run. West Knoxville decided the greenway needed a little bling, bling to put them over the rest today...


Greeted this morning on my commute by a rather interesting barrier made of 2x8 lashed together at their center point by what appeared to be coat hangar wire. It looks like they have re sloped the approach to the bridge and allowed for expansion? I dunno but at any pace I thought it might be done by the end of the year at the rate it took them to build the bridge.




I was pleasantly surprised to find that I was wrong, and by this evening they totally blinged' out the bridge by adding a diamond plate cover to the crack at the end of their ramps. Way to allocate precious infrastructure dollars on diamond plate rather than addressing parts of the greenway that are continually under water during light fog, much less rain. I will applaud that they seemed to put some effort in though, so go whoever did the work!


Also they got rid of the grafitti some punk put on the supports, let's see how long it lasts...

No comments: