Tuesday, August 19, 2008

15 seconds of Fame

My 15 seconds of fame for K town...


http://smarttrips.knoxtrans.org/quarter.htm


I'm usually not too big on broadcasting my own achievements, but I have to say I'm proud to be mentioned in the alternative transportation scene in Knoxville. I was also pleased to find I have converted 2 people to at least ride to the bus in Farragut, one of which bought a new ride from CBC and the other from the Bike Zoo...so getting converts and helping the local shops is always a plus. This kind of stuff makes me feel a real hope for getting people on bikes and out of cars commuting alone. While vanquishing cars from the roads is an unrealistic and utopian idea, getting as many cyclists out there as possible can only help matters in giving us equal rights to what is ours. I feel this year I have made a difference and I hope that my influence on the local scene will continue to grow.


My socks get more space than me.

=)

No comments: