Thursday, February 21, 2008

Commuting Returns



After 2 weeks of everything breaking around the house (desktop computer, Jeep and Volvo) we need I finally got back to doing a little commuting this week. Over the past 10 days I logged 0.00 miles...lame. This past weekend I spent most of my time pretending to be a car mechanic, but successfully was able to replace the front hub assembly, u joint, discs and brakes on my Jeep and with the help of the wife's Dad replace the timing belt on the Volvo. Calculated shop time saved me about 1000 bucks so I guess it was worth it. Maybe one day if I get enterprising I'll post a how to. It really just involves a BFH, time, cussing, sockets, time, and cussing.

When you don't have a lift...use wood...Lots of it.

The old hub assembly and the bane of my existence for 4 hours. Unlike their scale glued models cars are actually held together by rust, which has amazing bonding capabilities.

The Old vs. New assembly

New Hub assembly, disc rotor, and U Joint (behind)
Valentine's was nice this year. Boogy lost a little of his man hood with his "server" outfit he had to wear for our candle lit dinner, but I think he'll recover in the end.

2 comments:

Zac said...

"It really just involves a BFH, time, cussing, sockets, time, and cussing." Sounds like a lot of our exploits at the pool.

Keep up the blog, I guess it's good for us? Great seeing you today man.

Zac

Derek said...

So when are you gonna help me do mine?