Monday, February 25, 2008

Cross comes to an end and a tear is shed

Phil Bringing (Brining) the Pain...

This weekend was the last CX race of the season... I left a bit of mud on my bike (uncharacteristic for me) for a bit of nostalgia and to facilitate a study session for a test on today. I will sadly be wheeling the snake into the the cave of despair in Oak Ridge soon...maybe I'll get her out this summer so she doesn't get too depressed before MSG next this fall. Knoxicross 4 went well but I missed having my main competition and felt a little cheated that I won the points series and didn't have him to race.
The main entertainment from the weekend was the help Boogs gave us setting up the course on Saturday. I heard some laughter and then saw Boogy rolling on the ground. Evident from some light patches of color Boogs had managed to efficiently rub a jumbo dog turd over the entirety of his body, including a little "body butter" under the collar.
Bad..smelly Dog

Needless to say when we got home after an open window car ride, Boogy got 3 rinse cycles in the yard at 40 degrees with freezing cold hose water, which I think made him think twice about ever rolling again. This was followed by 5 wash and rince cycles with human and doggy soap before he was nice and sparkly clean. Naturally I felt bad after putting him through this all and we got him a new toy. It's called Kong and it's doggy crack. Kong in an ingenious slug of rubber that's just inaccessible enough to drive you dogs nuts for the treats you cram within.
Enter Kong...

It provides hours of torturous and hilarious whining and vexed doggy grunts. After about 2 hours he figured out that enough slobber will render any treat slippery enough that he can thrash it out so some rethinking on how to cram the treat in was devised. So far it's Kong:3 Boogy:2. I give Kong 2 weeks before Boogs gains the upper hand and wins...we'll see...
It's all in the tongue...

1 comment:

Dave Holmes said...

Brining the pain?

Wikipedia Says
"brining is a process similar to marination in which meat is soaked in a salt solution (the brine) before cooking."

I don't get it...