Monday, March 3, 2008

Snow daze Wed. 2-27-08

So I really enjoy snow and I wish it would happen more often here in Knoxville. However, riding around snow time (commuter style) especially following a highly publicized ice storm sux. I felt as though I was riding a two wheeled pretzel they put so much salt down on the roads. Suddenly I could feel the "real steel" rusting between my legs as I rode to the bus stop. Oh and apparently salt is very sharp, one crystal decided to finish off my rear tire. After further inspection I decided to retire my venerable commuting tires after 2508.6 miles of goodness. Considering all the crap I've ridden through on them, the multiple rotations I think I got some good miles out of them. About .9 cents per mile.
Snow Chops (Dave style framing)

These tires will now be relegated to short trips from home category.

Her First Snow!

No comments: