Friday, March 7, 2008

In the race of life...

Commuting commenced in the AM's this week again and I'm happy to say I got 3 solid to work commutes in. For the most part the Greenways were all mine, because I guess everyone wussed out after the warm weather we had followed by mid 30's mornings. The birds are definitely back I used my shuffle only one day this week, the rest of the times I just listened to the sounds of animals and the city waking up. Spring is on it's way and I either want it or 3 feet of snow. The sun is starting to just barely come up now when I leave my house as well. Knoxville's pollution (I think the particulate matter) makes for great sunrises and sunsets although my lungs were not impressed.
The view from my front porch...

DH unit joined me for the commute home yesterday and we found a "commuter prime". I got the phrase of commuter primes (Prime: An award given for the rider to reach a certain point mid-race in a sprint. Pronounced "preem." French.) from a recent edition of velo news,but I've known about them and have been collecting them now for a few months. Last night's prime' couldn't have been better timed. I'm about to start an iron gate project to keep Boogy in the back yard and I happened to find a metal cutting/grinding disc that will fit my angle grinder...sweet! Dave laughed at me and as a result of his laughter I have coined new words to live by (at least for commuters). "In the race of life there are many primes" Here's the find from last night.

As a result I will probably start a log of all the things I collect throughout the year, I'm interested to see the variety.

1 comment:

Derek said...

what about the 7 iron???