Monday, March 17, 2008

Of sore legs and the 90's

This past week was a good learning experience. I decided that I could just jump into full summer commuting mode without any trouble. After 5 days and 140 miles of commuting I have to say that that assumption was drastically false. I woke up Friday feeling like an old man in a shoe and limped best I could on the bike to the bus stop. New primes this week on the commuter route consisted of : One 7 iron golf club, which we now drive balls at the no wake violators with, 5 golf balls, and 1 Mini mag lite. Also the previous weekend dabbed into the 90's a bit getting out my roller blades and my groin was sore about 3 days from 30 minutes of cumulative skating around the neighborhood. Derek tried out the blades and I got a good frame of him answering his pink phone with the wife in Jams behind. 1990 was bumping like Vanilla Ice on our frontage road and I could feel the force flowing in my veins as I juked up and down the road with blank stares from neighbors and Boogy alike.
The past weekend sucked as I had to stay inside working on things but at least it rained Saturday. Soon I will be headed out to do a little research, and R&R on the beach...can't wait.
On the bright side of things the beautiful spring weather has really made the morning breakfast on the porch quite pleasant. The wife and Boogs here enjoying the morning sun on the lake and house. The lake is really coming alive as of late right before our eyes, already there's a ton of fish and fowl activity. Swimming season is jsut around the corner..or maybe two.

3 comments:

Dave Holmes said...

Sweet Pics x2... Although the photoshopper in me wants to straighten the one of abby and boogs...

Derek said...

Foul activity? Are you referring to your foul activity of shooting fowl?

elizabeth said...

Nice wrist guards...safety first!!