Monday, March 3, 2008

First Official Road Ride 2008

3-2-08...Mt. Larry was perfect this weekend with the temps in the high 60's/ low 70's. D-rock's camera managed to capture the moment several times this weekend but Dave's got better ones of actual ride time, but if I ever decided to use EPO and every other biochemical concoction to go pro I have my card pose now.


My usually noisy King Hubs (the bees) were noisier than usual and unfortunately think I somehow have mangled the pawls inside the rear hub, I know it's not my dismal sprinting ability, so after a shop visit this week maybe I'll know more on her fate.

Dave and Andy burnt up the first climb and were gone out of sight before I had time to collect a few coke caps for points and they looked cold and bored by the time we got to the top. I barely won out on the second climb but Dave made me work for it and I played a dirty trick on him telling him we had a few more switchbacks to go, so if all was fair I think he could've thrown me down there. But life isn't fair sometimes, like next time I'll have to work even harder. The DH-stick is riding strong this year. Maria, Buns, and Derek all had a good showing staying together well as the rest of us dumb males pushed hard for the invisible polka dot Larry Jersey.

The back sides of the climb were a little graveled from the yo'calls four wheeling across the roads in places, which made some of the turns sketchy at 40+ mph, but a fun and safe time was had by all descending. I had my first chili dog from the Brushy mtn. market for $1.50 and have decided henceforth that will be my new Mt. Larry Tradition. The dog stayed down and helped me survive back into Oliver Springs, without so much as a peep or the feared slick conditions that could have resulted.


In addition we had an intruder that decided he wanted to commence demolition on the house. I gave him a second chance with a broom, but in the end it was just too alluring to chew the wood on the wide of our house (vintage 1900), so he fell. This was sad because I really do like squirrels but on the upside Boogy had time to work on his field and stream calendar pose for the Mr. April Hunting dog this spring. (Cabella's called but Boogs turned them down) I was proud of him however, he sprang into action defending the yard from the invaders that happened to be coming from the sky. Now every time I come out ready to vanquish starlings or crows, he looks to the skies like any good hunting pup.

Vanquishing the house impaler with pride and Labrador characteristic soft mouth.

1 comment:

Zac said...

So when I check your blog, blogger.com lets me know that the content has been marked as possibly offensive and asks me if I am sure that I want to continue.