Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dispatches from the OMZ cruize Post 1

Day 1 -(Saturday) – the cool air temps generated by the ocean off the coast make for chilly nights and brisk mornings. Woke up this morning feeling like ass and decided to use the patch. Hopefully I won’t barf, there’s a lot of movement on the boat now and we’re encountering some rough seas.

Day 2- (Sunday) Slept a lot today and missed breakfast and lunch. The patches really make me drowsy but at least I’m not puking. Jeff is on the patch as well and last night when it got even rougher he had to puke a bit. No puking for me yet (knock on wood) but dreams on the patch are very vivd and real. Last night I dreamed the science team was water skiing off the back in the chop and when I fell off my skis I was laying on my roll board on the side of the top bunk about to fall off. This also for some reason made me think what to blind people that have been so their entire lives dream of? Dreams are visually based right? Was able to have some hunger and eat more or less a full meal this evening. The nutty butty I had post meal really capped off a better day for me. I was able to take a shower this evening and stay more or less coherent. I’m going to keep wearing the same patch for the next couple of days and hope that I get acclimated as its dosage wears off. We have a sampling that starts at 4 am tomorrow morning so I’m heading to the hay early to maximize my rest. It looks like I will have time to eat lunch tomorrow and maybe will have to miss dinner, as about that time we will be entering another station. No beautiful sunsets or stars thus far everything’s been overcast on account of the bad weather. I’ll try to get on the i-net late one night to post some pics, as our connection is about akin to the first modems created.

No comments: